- Kit includes (1) Secchi Disk 9 inches, (1) 10 feet of string, (1) Small handle.
- Used for quick qualitative measurements of the clarity of water over time.
- Based on clarity turbidity is related to the number of sediments or pollutants in the water.
- Apparatus is used to determine the transparency of water in lakes, streams, oceans, and other bodies of water. The disk is 9 inches in diameter with alternating black and white quadrants. By placing the disk in water and holding onto the string a user can measure the clarity and turbidity of the water.
- Click to Know, how to use Secchi Disk.
Uses of Secchi Disk on the Video: