Nutrient Agar is used as a general-purpose medium for the cultivation of less fastidious microorganisms and can be
enriched with blood or other biological fluids.
- Peptone: 5.000 Gms / Litre
- Sodium chloride: 5.000 Gms / Litre
- HM peptone B#: 1.500 Gms / Litre
- Yeast extract: 1.500 Gms / Litre
- Agar: 15.000 Gms / Litre
- Final pH ( at 25°C): 7.4±0.2
- **Formula adjusted, standardized to suit performance parameters
Suspend 28.0 grams in 1000 ml purified/distilled water. Heat to boiling to dissolve the medium completely. Sterilize by autoclaving at 15 lbs pressure (121°C) for 15 minutes. Cool to 45-50°C. If desired, the medium can be enriched with 5-10% blood or other biological fluids. Mix well and pour into sterile Petri plates.