Calcium hydroxide is commonly referred to as slaked lime and its chemical formula Ca(OH)2.
Calcium hydroxide 500gm for analysis EMSURE® ACS, Reag. Ph Eur
- Chemical formula: Ca(OH)₂
- Hill Formula: H₂CaO₂
- Molar Mass: 74.1 g/mol
- Density: 2.240 g/cm3 (20 °C)
- Melting Point: >=450 °C (decomposition)
- pH value: 12.6 (H₂O, 20 °C) (saturated solution)
- Bulk density: 400 kg/m3
- Solubility: 1.7 g/l
- Storage: Store at 2°C to 30°C
- Click for More Specification
Uses of Calcium Hydroxides
There are many different uses of calcium hydroxide, some of which are listed below. Let us have a look at those.
- Ca(OH)2 can be used in the paper industry during the Kraft process, which converts wood into wood pulp.
- In the sewage treatment process, calcium hydroxide can be used as a flocculant or clarifying agent.
- It is an important compound in ammonia preparation.
- Generally, the cucumber pickling is done with the help of Ca(OH)2.
- Also, this compound is used as a pH modifier because of its basicity.
- The production of various plastics involves the use of calcium hydroxide as a primary ingredient.
- In root canal procedures, this compound is used in filling human teeth cavities.
- We can use it in pesticides, manufacturing of ebonite, and hair care products.
- Calcium hydroxide can be used in the leather industry to separate the fur or hair from the animal hide.
- Sugarcane and Sugar beets are processed via carbonation, which involves the use of Ca(OH)2.